HOW TO TREAT DRY SKIN THIS WINTER
With the winter kicking in, we all are experiencing some changes in our skin. Are you noticing your skin getting dry very quickly too?
This dryness is all because of the change in the climate. Climate changes can directly impact how your skin looks and feels. As the temperature drops, your skin tends to look dry, whereas, with the increase in the temperature, some of you might feel your skin getting oily more often.
During these weather changes, you pay attention to your overall health but somehow miss to pay attention to the largest organ of your body, your skin. Along with making small changes in your diet, you should make some changes in your skincare routine too.
In this weeks blog, we will be shedding light on the causes behind dry skin, along with some simple tips and products you can use to beat the dryness.
What Causes Dry Skin?
- As discussed earlier, weather plays a major role in the way your skin looks. The dry air (Winter air or the air from air-conditioning units) causes the loss of moisture from the uppermost layer of the skin, making your skin look dry.
- Long exposure to water, especially hot water, strips away the skin's natural oil, making your skin dry.
- Skin also becomes dry and wrinkled as it gets thinner with age.
But, don’t worry we got you covered with some tips to avoid skin dryness…
How to Protect Your Skin from Dryness?
- Avoid long hot showers. Yes, having a hot shower during winters or after a tiring day feels great. But it can strip your skin of some essential oils making your skin look dry. Instead of long showers, you can use lukewarm water and natural soaps.
- Follow up with a moisturizer that keeps your skin hydrated and protected from dry air. Choose your favorite body butter from the Skinsntial Collection:
This Skinsntial Whipped Body Butter offers a unique medley of exotic plant butter which keeps your skin hydrated and protects the water loss making your skin soft and supple.
- If your skin still feels dry and flaky, you can use Skinsntial Moisturizing Body Oil. This body oil is infused with calendula flower, which aids in moisturization and provides luminosity for dry skin, leaving you with a relaxing vanilla scent.
- Applying moisturizing creams and oils doesn't mean you can skip sunscreen. Do not forget your sunscreen whether it is summer or winter.
- Last but not the least, Keep yourself hydrated and eat fruits and vegetables with the proper blend of nutrients and vitamins. Drinking plenty of water boosts skin hydration which in turn keeps your skin smooth.
With the Skinsntial body butter collection, your skin will always be soft and glowing. Choose your favorite blend of exotic plant butter and oils for your body and beat dry skin this winter.